I am always looking for new salad recipes. I came across The Modern Proper’s cucumber salad recipe and had to test it out!
I modified this recipe based on what I had in my fridge and personal preference.
Below, see my version of Modern Proper’s recipe.
I love salad dressing! I think it makes or breaks a salad. This dressing is tangy, cooling, and refreshing. It is pretty comparable to a tzatziki sauce. I enjoy adding greek yogurt to my salad dressing because it adds a thickness and creamy flavour!
- 1/4 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Za’atar
- Dash of S&P
Directions- just combine!
This salad is great if you’re looking for a refreshing, light salad. It is packed with greens, herbs, and plant based protein.
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced (I used English Cucumber)
- Handful of onions (I used white- but I would of preferred red)
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- Bed of spinach per salad
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1-2 tablespoons of Clubhouse Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- S&P to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber, dice onions, chop herbs, and mince garlic. Add ingredients to a bed of spinach.
- Rinse chickpeas.
- To a frying pan, add chickpeas, garlic powder, S&P, and Clubhouse Greek seasoning. Fry for 5-9 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to salad.
5. Swipe to mix!
Overall, this salad is a great option for people who love refreshing, green salads. However, I will be honest, it is not a great option for people who don’t love earthy, green, wholesome flavours.